City and County Agencies
- Clackamas County Parks They manage four county parks.
- Metro Parks and Natural Areas about the region’s natural areas and outdoor events.
- Metro Metro protects open space and parks, plans for land use and transportation, and manages garbage disposal and recycling for 1.3 million residents in three counties and 24 cities in the Portland, Oregon region.
- Portland Parks & Recreation They are the steward of 10,000 acres of land.
- Washington County Parks Manage Hagg Lake Metzger Park and Eagle Landing
- Audubon Society of Portland Very active organization with numerous trips and activities.
- Mazamas Oregon’s famous climbing club. The Mazamas offer a variety of outdoor activities.
- Oregon Nordic Club Primary a singles-social cub that has monthly potlucks and all types of outdoor activities with the emphasis on cross-country skiing. Most of the trips are on the week-end – they also have week-long outdoor trips.
Clubs for Hiking and Walking
- Columbia River Volkssport/Walking Club CRVC is a non-profit organization based in Portland, Oregon. CRVC organizes quality non-competitive walking events in scenic and historic areas.
- Team Oregon Devoted to runners and walkers of all ages, with coaching, publications, rehabilitation, and forum pages.
- Trails Club of Oregon They have hikes and other outdoor activities, open to the public, scheduled nearly every weekend year round.
- Oregon Trails State Volkssport Association (OTSVA) Walking in Oregon and SW Washington
- Oregon Walks is a non-profit community-based membership organization in the greater Portland area dedicated to promoting walking and making the conditions for walking safe and attractive.